2013年5月7日 星期二

Mom Ahoy

"Please eat your greens, and don't sit close to screens, your eyes are a means to an end."

"And I would be sorry, if due to your hurry, you were hit by a lorry, my friend."

"Like you always say: Safe Travels, Don't Die, Don't Dieeeee, Safe Travels, Don't Die, Don't Dieeeeeee."

Lisa Hannigan threatened me merrily when I took a leak at work, reminding me it's only several days away from Mother's Day. But she sang more like my ex-girlfriend than my mom, throaty as a foxy bartender, and I was happily caught off-guard by the British humour of "don't die."

My mom never fails to give me a tirade full of shocking scenarios like my teeth rotten stinky and my waist bulging fat. She could have just said it like Ms. Hannigan, and I would try my very merry best to stay alive.

And well -- if she "sing" it all sexy, the way Ms. Hannigan does.

沒有留言:

張貼留言